Many of London’s best spas are in the luxury hotels but I’ve put together a list here that includes some of the recommended options outside of hotels too. So when you’re looking for spa deals in London for a haven of tranquillity and some ultimate pampering these ideas can help. And don’t forget to book a Luxury limousine service from Blacklane to get you there in style too.
The Berkeley Health Club & Spa
The rooftop pool is the hidden gem of this luxury spa in Knightsbridge. The treatments on offer include ‘Body Rituals’ such as Monticelli thermal mud and a treatment that uses pumpkin, tomato and basil combined with vitamins B1, B2 and vitamin C. It sounds good enough to eat!
- Location: The Berkeley, Wilton Place, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7RL.
- Tel: 020 7235 6000
- Website: the-berkeley.co.uk/health-club-and-spa
This Covent Garden salon has three floors to bring a complete head-to-toe pampering. Down in the basement there is massage and facials and upstairs has a full hairdressing salon too. Perfect for treating yourself before a night out in town.
- Location: 174-177 High Holborn, London WC1V 7AA.
- Telephone: 020 7759 7355
- Website: avedainstitute.co.uk
Away Spa, W Hotel
This central London hotel is super trendy and one of the ‘places to be seen’. It’s all rather decadent here with treatments often focusing on detox options after a big night out in town. The hotel even has a Spa Suite with views over Leicester Square, your own steam room and a spa treatment bed so a masseuse can come to the room.
- Location: 10 Wardour Street, London W1D 6QF.
- Telephone: 020 7758 1071
- Location: wlondon.co.uk/forms/away-spa
This is a chain of boutique spas across London offering a more modern vibe with treatments from manicures and pedicures, facials and body massage. Cowgroom is their popular option where two therapists work together in synchronised movements for full relaxation. The Soho branch has its own cafe and the east London branch at Shoreditch House is laid back luxury.
- Location: Holland Park: 119 Portland Road, London W11 4LN
- Telephone: 020 7078 1944
- Carnaby, Soho: Foubert’s Place, London W1F 7QG.
- Telephone: 020 7534 0870
- Shoreditch House: Shoreditch House, Ebor Street, London E1 6AW
- Telephone: 020 7749 4531
- Chiswick: 162 Chiswick High Road, London W4 1PR
- Telephone: 020 8987 1607
- Website: cowshedonline.com/cowshed_spas.html
Inside The Langham hotel, this is London’s first luxury Chinese spa which includes traditional Chinese medicine for total holistic well-being. Treatments as planned for you individually and are designed to re-balance and revitalise the body and soul.
- Location: 1c Portland Place, Regent Street, London W1B 1JA
- Telephone: 020 7973 7550
- Website: chuanspa.com/en/London/index.html
This is an excellent priced day spa with a good value treatment menu. The original branch started at York Hall in the East End where there is a Thermal Spa Experience consisting of a sauna, three hot rooms, two aroma steam rooms and Kneipp Hoses to cool down your hands and feet whilst relaxing.
- Location: York Hall Leisure Centre, Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 9PJ
- Telephone: 020 8709 5845
- Location: 15 Marshall Street, London W1F 7EL
- Telephone: 020 7494 2208
- Location: Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre, Adelaide Road, London NW3 3NF
- Telephone: 020 7974 3642
- Location: Latimer Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 1EW
- Telephone: 020 8542 1330 (opening Spring 2013)
- Website: spa-london.org